Logistic Supply Specialist
Logistic Specialists (Supply) are the Army’s Supply Chain Managers. Ammunition, weapons, materiel – the Army needs all kinds of supplies, all the time. Working in a warehouse, or in a field supply area that you have set up, you will be using state of the art software to demand, receive, issue, store and account for the Army’s equipment. You will also learn how to drive HGV’s and forklifts.
You can be employed in other organisations and undertake work placements with industries to understand best practice. You will also gain an understanding of IT systems used by other military alliances.
Find where you belong.
You'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to handling a rifle. If you join as a Junior Soldier (under 17 years 5 months), you’ll do a 23-week basic military training course at Harrogate. If you join as a Regular Soldier (over 17 years 1 month), you’ll do the regular 14-week adult basic training.
Next, you will undertake your 18-week Combat Logistician course at the Defence School of Transport in Leconfield. During this, you will earn your Category C+E Driving Licence and study general service driver modules. This training also gives you the opportunity to gain a broader knowledge on the Royal Logistic Corps functions and roles.
You will then complete your trade training at the Defence School of Logistics in Worthy Down to be qualified as a Logistic Supply Specialist Class 3. At this stage, you will be enrolled onto the Level 2 Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship. After 12 months in your Unit, you will complete the Class 2 upgrade assessment. Following a further two years, you will be eligible to complete the Class 1 course if successfully promoted to Lance Corporal.
- Level 2 Certificate Logistics & Transport
- Level 2 Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Logistic Supply Specialist and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,985 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,400 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.11 years
- Mid-Thigh Pull 50kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 2.7m
- 2km run 11m 30s (11m for Junior Entry)
Our next deadline for application is 30th September 2022, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.