My client based in the Wakefield area are looking for a Maintenance Operative with a B3 Forklift Licence
Health and Safety
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
- Comply with company policy and procedure for maintenance of forklift and other MHE equipment, including updating records.
Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Safely and efficiently, load and unload units from vehicles.
- Liaise with production to select units as required by workshop.
- Ensure units are delivered and removed from work bays within allocated time frames to meet production targets
- Closely monitor the completion of units, and execute an efficient change-over of units into work bays and paint shop.
- Complete general maintenance of the yard, including safe stowage of units
- Some working and inspecting at height.
- Cleaning of units and fittings internally and externally.
- Loading of a range of furniture into the cabins and removing on completion of hire.
- General maintenance tasks to timber, plastic and steel portable accommodation units, portable toilets etc
- Painting exterior of units with spray equipment, roller or brush.
- The fitting and removal of partitions & other fittings.
- Some electrical work, some plumbing, some joinery and flooring work.
- Occasional visits to third party sites to double stack units and install staircase and landing. Removal of same on completion of hire.
- Good general physical fitness.
- Ability to work in a team
- Has a strong work ethic.
- Flexible attitude to working
- Proactive Works in a safe and efficient manner with due consideration for colleagues
- Regular Counterbalance Forklift usage, over 7.5 ton
- Experience of product quality inspection (desirable)
- Basic understanding of health & safety rules
Counterbalance Forklift Training Certificate over 7.5ton (RTITB, ITSSAR etc)
Full UK Driving Licence (if relevant).
Willingness to work outside at times.
Monday to Friday (Maybe required to work weekends) working hours between 7:00am to 17:30pm
Full time - Permanent Role
£19,760 - £23,166 per annum
If you are interested please apply with your CV attached