Want to travel the world and make a difference? The Army is the perfect place to start – whether you’re fully trained, have already started a degree in Nursing or want to apply as a Student Nurse.
As an Army Nurse, you’ll help keep the Army running, whether that’s by helping soldiers in the field, at an NHS trust or from a Medical Regiment in the UK. Wherever the British Army is, you’ll find our Nurses giving first rate nursing care in all sorts of environments and situations.
As you travel the world, gaining valuable skills and civilian recognised qualifications along the way, you’ll learn how to work in the most challenging environments with minimal equipment. This is your chance to reach heights you never knew existed and learn vital skills that’ll set you up for life. This is your chance to do something that matters.
Find where you belong.
JOIN AS A REGISTERED NURSE
As a Registered Nurse, you'll command a team that provides the highest standard of care. Army nursing can be tough, so we'll give you the best possible military and professional training. You can develop your skills throughout your career with further study up to and beyond MSc level, funded by us.
It's not all hard work though. You'll also get to travel, take part in Adventure Training and play sports for the Army. With a competitive salary, non-contributory pension and free healthcare too, you'll get great rewards - and an amazing experience. Opportunities to commission as an Officer depend upon your knowledge, skills and experience.
During your Army Nursing application we will advise and support you in making the right career choice for you so that you can realise your true potential.
If you hold a recognised specialist qualification within Emergency, Intensive Care, Theatres or Burns & Plastics you may be eligible for a £20,000 bonus on completion of your military training.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
- Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice (SLAiP)
- You will have the opportunity to specialise in:
- Primary Health Care (to Advanced Practice)
- Emergency Nursing, Critical Care
- Burns & Plastics, Trauma & Orthopedics
- Sexual Health
- General Medicine
- General Surgery.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Earn a starting salary of £15,671 if joining as a solider, which will rise to over £32,076 after training
- Earn a starting salary of £26,903 if joining as an officer, which will rise to over £35,744 after training
- 38 days’ paid annual leave
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Non-contributory pension, free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access to promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
Adult Nurse: You need to be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. You can join as a newly qualified nurse, be in your final year of training (on a course which will result in Nursing and Midwifery Council registration) or join with prior nursing experience.
For more information on entry requirements Search Army Nurse.
Our next deadline for application is 31st March 2021, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >